These positions have been filled.
You can no longer apply for these positions.
Two Post-doc Positions in Information Security (M/F)
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire two outstanding post-doctoral researchers at
Interdisciplinary Centre for Security,
Reliability and Trust (SnT).
The successful candidates will participate in the activities of the
SaToSS research group led by Prof. Dr. Sjouke Mauw. The SaToSS group is working
on formalizing and applying formal reasoning to real-world security problems
and trust issues. The research topics of the group include: security protocols,
security modeling, formal methods for security, socio-technical aspects of
security, risk management, privacy, verification, etc.
For further information you may consult our web site.
The SaToSS group is currently looking for two post-doctoral researchers.
The first position is within the national project Attack-Defense Trees:
Theory Meets Practice (ADT2P). ADT2P is a follow-up project of a recently
finalized project Attack
Trees. The main tasks of the post-doc hired on this project will be to:
- Devise methods for (semi-)automatic creation of security models from attack patterns,
- Develop techniques and algorithms for quantitative analysis of large-scale security models,
- Integrate the attack-defense tree formalism with existing risk assessment methods,
- Validate the obtained results on realistic case studies conducted together with the project partners from industry,
- Co-supervise the Ph.D. student working on the project.
The second position is partially funded by the EU project
Technology-supported Risk Estimation by Predictive Assessment of
Socio-technical Security (TREsPASS). TREsPASS
focuses on modeling and analysis of socio-technical aspects of security. The
tasks of the post-doc selected for this position will be to:
- Contribute to the creation of security models that can capture social, technical, and physical aspects,
- Develop techniques for quantitative analysis of these models,
- Introduce methods for sharing and maintenance of socio-technical security models,
- Contribute to development of methods and tools for visualization of security.
In addition to the TREsPASS-related tasks, the post-doc will also conduct
research on selected security topics which are of interest for SaToSS.
The candidates are expected to have:
- A Ph.D. degree in computer science or mathematics,
- A proven interest in security,
- Strong background in formal methods,
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
The university offers a three year employment that may be extended up to five
years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal
opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment
and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly
created research centre.
Applications should be written in English and include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the project you would like to work on (ADT2P or TREsPASS) and your motivation,
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, list of publications),
- A one page research statement addressing the topic of the position,
- A short description of your Ph.D. work (max 1 page),
- Transcript of grades from all master courses taken,
- Contact information for 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted electronically via the on-line recruitment
portal of the University of Luxembourg, at http://emea3.mrted.ly/a7wf .
Deadline for applications: January 19, 2014
For further inquiries please contact:
Prof. Dr. Sjouke Mauw (sjouke.mauw AT uni.lu) or
Dr. Barbara Kordy (barbara.kordy AT uni.lu)