Please consult the FSTC moodle
pages for dynamic
information concerning this course.
Lectures take place from 11:30 to 13:00 on Thursdays
(from 30/09/2010 to 06/01/2011) in room A17 on the Kirchberg campus.
- Introduction to distributed systems
- Models for distributed systems including the treatment of time
- Correctness in distributed algorithms
- Important paradigms in distributed systems
- Mutual exclusion
- Self-stabilizing systems
- Distributed snapshot
- Termination detection
- Leader election
- Consensus in distributed systems
- Fault tolerance and related problems
The course aims to provide an overview of the area and in particular problems
in design and implementation of dependable services in distributed systems.
A written examination of 20 points.